The Implementing Regulations detail the criminal offences.
Offences carrying a fine of up to £10,000 and/or an imprisonment term of up to 2 years (recordable offences)
- Regulation 103 - failure to comply with an information notice
- Regulation 126 - unlawful obtaining of personal data etc.
- Regulation 127 - re-identification of de-identified personal data
- Regulation 137 - prohibition of requirement to produce relevant records
Offences carrying a fine of up to £10,000 and/or an imprisonment term of up to 6 months (recordable offences)
- Regulation 82 - obstruction of a person exercising the power to inspect personal data to discharge an international obligation
- Regulation 128 - alteration of personal data to prevent disclosure
- Regulation 129 - record tampering
- Paragraph 15 of Schedule 4 - various offences in relation to the execution of warrants and the making of false statements
Offences carrying a fine of up to £10,000
- Paragraph 2(1) Schedule 7 - processing of personal data without a register entry
- Paragraph 12(1) & (2) of Schedule 7 - Duty to notify changes in a register entry
Liability of Directors etc.
- Regulation 143 - the director, manager, secretary, officer or person, may be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly for an offence committed by the body corporate if it is proved to have been committed with the consent, connivance or be attributable to the neglect of that officer.